As of 11/6/19 – Microsoft 365 Business Voice is currently available in Canada and the United Kingdom. More countries and regions will become available in 2020.
If you’re an organization with 300 or fewer users, there is a new offering that was announced at Ignite 2019 that may be of interest. The latest offering provides three different voice functions into a single bundle. Those elements are listed below.
- Phone System – Standard phone features including Voice Mail, Caller ID, call menus, shared phone lines, and emergency calling.
- Domestic Calling – Calls within your country or region are free. International plans and toll-free dialing are also available for an additional cost.
- Audio Conferencing – Host conference calls with people who don’t have Teams or don’t have an Internet connection by providing them with a PSTN dial-in conferencing number.
Microsoft Teams and Business Voice only works when your users’ mailboxes are located in Microsoft 365. It does not support mailboxes located on on-premises Exchange server. In addition you must have one of the following SKU’s
- Office 365 Business Essentials
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 F1
- Microsoft 365 A1
- Microsoft 365 A3
- Microsoft 365 E3
- Microsoft 365 Business
The Business Voice add-on that’s available with small and medium-sized Microsoft 365 subscriptions supports up to a maximum of 300 licensed users. If you want to license more than 300 users for Business Voice, you need to purchase an Office 365 365 E3 or E5 subscription.
I have not had a chance to evaluate this SKU as it is only available in Canada and the UK currently so check back for additional details as well see the following Microsoft 365 Business details at the links below from docs.microsoft.com.
What is Microsoft 365 Business Voice? – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/business-voice/whats-business-voice
Microsoft 365 Business Voice Service Description – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/microsoft-365-business-voice-service-description
Licensing Microsoft 365 for small and medium-sized businesses – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/microsoft-365-service-descriptions/licensing-microsoft-365-in-smb